Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wednesdays Suck

So, a little background is in order here.

Amy gets the kids Wednesday nights through Friday morning.  Then, every other weekend, she gets them for the weekend as well.  So every Wednesday, I get to watch my family drive away for as much as 5 days.  It hurts.  It also puts me in a shit-ass mood for a couple days, minimum.

This coming weekend is Amy's weekend with the kids.  She got to the house around 5:15 to pick them up.  I walked them out, helped them into her car, told them all I loved them.  All I got from Amy was "Talk to you later" as she was pulling away.

I stood in the road watching them leave.  I kept standing there for another 5 minutes or so, in the middle of the street.  Trying not to feel the way I knew was coming.  Trying to prepare myself mentally for what has become the hardest workout of the week.  The workout I failed on last week.  Trying to not think about everything I have lost.

The neighbor's horn broke me from my solitude.  I was still in the middle of the street.  Time to go in and fire up the workout.

I made it through the Burn Intervals and the Ab Burner with little trouble, even with my stomach slightly upset from 'eff-it Wednesday's lunch at the buffet.  But I was in a sour mood.  I couldn't get out of my head.

I thought to myself, "Well, this is 'eff-it Wednesday, right?'".  I went to Suzy's (local bar) and ordered a cheeseburger and fries.  I hadn't had a meal like this in over a month.  I sat there, eating, talking with a friend, and still felt like crap.

I still do.  But 'eff-it Wednesday' has to go.  Emotionally, I'm in a horrible mood, but physically, I feel like crap right now.  My stomach is rolling from the food yesterday.  I was going to skip breakfast this morning, I felt so bad, but knew that was setting myself up for failure, so I had breakfast anyway.  (Bagel Thin with margarine, 2 turkey sausage links, water)

I hope this gets better.  I hope I get used to watching my family drive away.  I hope I can prevent myself from using food to not feel abandoned, for companionship, or for whatever it is I'm feeling.

I need to get out of that street.

2 comments:

  1. Keep your head up man. You have been doing so awesome. Brush yourself off and get back on that horse. What you have been doing is the key to your success and getting out of that dark place. You just got a little taste of what it was like to be back in that old dark place you were in....it isnt worth it. Don't allow yourself any wiggle room, because old habits die hard. Stay strong! RAWR!!!

    ReplyDelete