Thursday, February 16, 2012

RTFM!


I haven't posted a 'real' blog entry in a few days.  I haven't really felt very much like anything.

Valentine's Day was very hard.  I had always tried to do something at least a little special for it.  For Amy.  This year it was just another day.  Another day that I would be abandoned and alone.  I didn't even contact her.  I knew that she would not contact me.  I worked very hard at putting on a good front for the day, but I was absolutely miserable, and know that I failed at times.  I spent the entire day looking forward to basketball practice and working out that night.  Just so I didn't fall into the abyss.

Luckily, basketball practice went very well.  We had an extremely good time, the kids played hard, and we all had fun.  Our last basketball practice of the season is tonight, the last game this weekend.  I'm just going to grab a sheet pizza and some bottled water for the kids, and let the kids have a pizza/basketball party.  It'll be fun.  I'm hoping to get some run in with the kids too, maybe get some parents to join in and play.  I haven't had the chance to play basketball in quite some time.

I'll be sad to see the season over, but it's time.

Tuesday's workout was awesome, as well.  I was able to crank up the level of the weights considerably over last week, and will be able to next week.  That lingering pain in my left arm has become slightly worse though.  Certain exercises are borderline undoable, like the V-press bicep curls.  Very, very painful.

Last night's workout, the cardio one, was a bit of a fail for me.  I learned something about my body yesterday, actually.  Wednesday is normally 'eff-it Wednesday', and previously the crew and I had hit chinese buffet for lunch.  Last week several of us were quite sick after buffet, so this week we decided to walk to wegman's for lunch.  It was invigorating, really.  The walk felt amazing.  I ordered a turkey whole wheat wrap, ate half, scavenged the meat, cheese, and pickles from the other half and was happy.  I was so full, that I skipped the protein bar afternoon snack.

I didn't know that I would be harming the cardio workout by doing that.

Amy picked up the kids around 5:20.  I stood and watched her leave again with my family, and headed inside.  Around 5:45 or so, I fired up the cardio workout and got to work.  It's a 47 minute workout with alternating sets of light-weight-high-rep and plyometric type exercises.  I've had problems with this in the past, but wasn't expecting any last night.

Once I was about 20 minutes into the workout, my energy was gone.  I was exhausted.  Each exercise was a total struggle.  I just had no reserve to go to with it.  I made it through, taking a few more reps off than normal.  I also made it through the ab workout, another 12 minutes, afterwards.

Once the ab workout was done, I lay on the floor for a minute or so, and stood up.  I almost passed out when I did.  Once I had my wits about me, I went into the kitchen, made a protein shake, and started cooking my dinner.  A marinated top round steak with carrots and broccoli and a handful of baked potato chips.  The protein shake took away the fuzziness, and while the steak was cooking I realized what had happened.

I skipped the snack.

All these workout programs have very regimented eating plans, and each one of them pretty much says 'Never skip a snack/meal'.  I learned that last night.  So today, even if I'm not hungry at afternoon snack time, I'm eating that protein bar.

Push Circuit 3 tonight after basketball practice.  Or maybe before so Conrad can work out with me.  He enjoyed that last week, as did I.  I might also make an appointment with the doctor about that arm.  Maybe it's a pinched nerve or something.  Maybe a muscle relaxant would work.  I don't want to have to rest for any length of time.

The scale had me at 305 this morning.  I'd hate to lose or even pause progress.

Until next time,
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment