Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Example Dinner

I thought I'd share with you a representative dinner that I'm eating on the program.  First, though, let's examine my food intake for the day.  Breakfast this morning was half a bagel thin with fat-free cream cheese and jalapeno.  (Note:  Capsaicin is a natural appetite suppressant.  That's not why I use them, I love jalapeno, but that is a nice side benefit)  With that I had 3 turkey sausage links.

Morning break allowed me time for a protein bar.

Lunch was a turkey sandwich on a whole wheat sandwich thin with a slice of provolone, pickles (calorie/fat/etc. free...just full of sodium), and more jalapeno slices.  With that I had a protein shake.

Afternoon break was another protein bar.

Dinner tonight was this:


What you see there is a pork chop seasoned with Old Bay and cooked in olive oil.  Accompanying that is broccoli with a touch of margarine (love those steam-in-the-microwave) bags, and fat-free cream cheese.  I had a second serving of broccoli, but that was it.  The drink is the aldi's version of Crystal Light.

So let's look at the ingredients:

Broccoli brings a ton of nutrients and fiber to the party.  The pork is a lean meat, with a high protein content.  Fat-free cream cheese is pretty much straight protein, with a share of carbohydrates too.  A very well-rounded and tasty meal.  I enjoyed it, the boys enjoyed it, the dog enjoyed the boys' leftovers.

And just for Steph, I close this blog entry with a motivational image:


2 comments:

  1. Good looking meal. What you had on the plate was nice as well :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK! Thanks. No really. Appreciate the mention. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to google "Jared Padalecki shirtless" to try and wash this motivational gif from my memory.

    ReplyDelete