Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Rambling Blues #17

So, I'm one workout into the final week of the Push phase of the Chalean Extreme program.  I don't really know how I feel about it.

First off...I've really upped the weights week-to-week.  At least 5 pound increments on every one (except the v-press curls), but usually 10 pounds per week on most.  My strength and endurance have increased immensely.  Just, to me, staggeringly so.

On the other hand, I haven't lost as much weight in this phase as I thought.  Since beginning the program, I've lost about 30 pounds.  I really expected the Push Phase to have been where I really saw the weight coming off.  Since starting the Push phase, I've lost about 10 pounds.  I expected a bit more.  I'm not really disappointed, but a little surprised, for sure.

My eating has improved IMMENSELY.  I'm eating better foods, and less of them.  I still have, about once a week, a meal where I go off the reservation, but it's never as much as before.  For instance, this past Sunday was Conrad's birthday.  I told him he could have whatever he wanted for dinner.  He chose chinese takeout.  I thought about what to get, and decided that I would get one of the chicken dinners, and just eat what I felt like and throw the rest away.

I ate 6 bites.  I just couldn't eat any more.  I had eaten a turkey sandwich for lunch and had a sliver of cake and a little ice cream earlier, but trust me when I say a sliver.  It was tiny.  And it was enough.

So, that's going well, I can say.

It's time to start thinking about what more I can do.  There's a 5k on May 12th that I'd like to do.  That means I need to get running in addition to the workouts.  I'm actually really excited for it.  I just need the weather to start cooperating.  I'm hoping to start this Saturday, actually.  Using the couch to 5k program.  On that program, you run 3 days a week.  If I start on Saturday, then the first two runs of the week will be on rest days.  That leaves the last run of the week on the heavy cardio day of the program.  Maybe I'm over-thinking it. I'm not sure, but I'm starting one way or another soon.  I've trained for a 5k before, and was more than ready to do it, but other members of my family prevented me from being able to do the one that I had trained for, and I was extremely upset about it.  I will train and complete this one, and hopefully it's just a stepping stone to future ones.

Also, I need to think about the next workout program.  I'm contemplating p90x as the next one, with the p90x2 yoga thrown in.  I'm not sure yet.  I also don't really know how long a buffer I should put in between the end of this one and starting a new one.  I'm sure I should give my body somewhat of a recovery time, but what?

Anyway, things to think about.

Ok, this blog post sucked.  Boring.  So here's a nice picture of jiggly boobs.


2 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome Jason! No buffer! Keep going! You can handle it. You can do anything. (Regardless of your taste in "nice" pictures. Good lord.)

    ReplyDelete