Monday, February 13, 2012

Not a Whole Lot about Anything

I kept a pretty low profile this weekend.  Nothing really earth-shattering to share.  I'll just toss out some random tidbits.


  • V-Press Bicep Curls are REALLY painful in my left arm, but I need to power through them.
  • I'm not sure Rajon Rondo is the type of guy to build a team around once Pierce/Allen/Garnett are gone.  But here's how I would do it.  First, athletes that can finish at the rim.  Rondo looks best when running the break with options, we saw that a few times with JaJuan Johnson and Chris Wilcox.  Secondly, I'd make sure that I always had a 38% or better 3pt shooter on the floor with him at all times for kickouts.  Third, I'd try to reign in the gambling he does on defense.
  • Playing Magic: The Gathering (a card game that's a little like Dungeons and Dragons) with Conrad is some of the most fun I have daily.  He's getting pretty handy at it.
  • Same thing with the Nazi Zombies modes on Call of Duty.  He's better at those than me, although I still completely own him in Free-For-All modes.
  • Evidently, my Facebook friends constitute the majority of the Dream Theater fans in the world.  All 15 of them.  Sure, I may agree that considering Foo Fighters in the 'metal' categories is a stretch, but you didn't REALLY expect Dream Theater to win, did you?  (Note:  I enjoy both of these bands, although I'm definitely more of a Foo Fighters fan than Dream Theater)
  • There have been some REALLY bad movies made lately.  Thank goodness for the TNT/TBS weekend rotations of Road House, Rocky IV, The Jerk, and Shawshank Redemption.
  • Next time I'm having sex, I wish I could pay Morgan Freeman to narrate it.  For posterity.
  • Christopher Walken would be good for this too.


I had some trouble keeping with the 'eating correctly' portion of my plan this past week, although it wasn't a complete wash.  I'm redoubling my efforts this week to correct that.  And to finish the Death Star on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment