Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Push Circuit 2, and a Little Bit About What I'm Eating

So, yesterday, here's what I ate:

Breakfast:  Half one of the Thomas's Bagel Thins with margarine.  Two Lite Sausage Links, and a clementine.
Morning Snack:  Actually skipped this, wasn't feeling hungry at all.
Lunch:  Protein Shake, Turkey Sandwich on Arnold Whole Grain Sandwich Thin with provolone cheese and dill pickle slices.
Afternoon Snack:  Life Choice Protein Bar.
Dinner:  Teriyaki Chicken Breast with Bell Peppers and Brown Rice.  Probably had 2 servings of the chicken and peppers and one of the Brown Rice.

Throughout the day I had a couple Diet Mountain Dews, Coffee (with creamer and sweetener), and Water.

So that's pretty much in a nutshell my daily intake.  Although there are certain days, like 'Eff It Wednesday' where lunch is NOT the turkey sandwich and protein shake (although I usually end up having that for dinner on those days), and instead hit chinese with the crew (Steph, Drew, Hoyt and The Cobra).

Let's talk about Push Circuit 2 now.  Push Circuit 2, like Push Circuit 1, really seems made for me.  Heavy weights, targeted exercises, 6-8 reps to failure.  Lots of shoulder/back in this workout, at least that's what's sore for me today.  I'm not going to get into the individual exercises, save for one.

Single Leg Dead Lift.

Sounds pretty normal, but here's the kicker.  To perform the 'Single Leg' portion of this, you have to be ON A SINGLE LEG.

Which means, you pivot at the waist, and bring your other leg up behind you, lowering on the one leg while bent over with the weights in your hands.

Holy shitsnacks.

There was a person in the workout modifying this one by just putting the lifted leg back some, but I wanted to do it for real.  It was hard.  Really hard.  Keeping your balance REALLY engages your hamstring and ass muscles.  Also, being a complete d-bag, when she said 'you might want to go a little lighter, even though this is lower body' and selected 15 pound weights, I said "Eff you, Boobs, I'm going heavy" and went with 25 pounds.

Did I say holy shitsnacks already?  Well screw you, I'm saying it again.  Holy shitsnacks.



Combining that balance with the heavy weights targeted the exercise to my ass and hamstring muscles like nothing before.  I did eight on each leg.

I thought I was going to puke.  On the last rep on the left leg, my final rep, I stood up kind of quick and was immediately light-headed.  I actually had to pause the workout for about ten seconds and sit down.

Lesson being:  Make sure your breathing is solid.

I feel awesome today, though.  Push Circuits so far add a bunch of the Extreme versions of the exercise, a set after almost every one.  They hurt like hell while you're doing them, but once you're finished, you feel freaking amazing.

Burn Intervals and Ab Burner workouts tonight, the one I failed on completely last week.  Not today.

Have a good day.

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment