Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stretch All The Things

No, this isn't a post about masturbation.

Not that I couldn't write extensively on the subject.  I could.

Friday's workouts on the Chalean Extreme program are cardio and a yoga-based workout.  The cardio workout is exactly that.  28 minutes of super-intense plyometric type exercises.  There is a one minute break in the middle, and when you hit that, you're sweating.  Profusely.  Then you've got another 6 exercises to go and the cooldown.  It's an exhausting workout.

The second workout for the day is a yoga/stretching workout.  You move through several demanding yoga poses.  They're difficult to do and harder to hold.  Which you need to do.

But, here's the rub.  It makes you feel amazing afterwards.  Seriously.  I actually skipped that portion last week as I ran out of time before I had to be somewhere, and regarded it lightly anyway.  That was a mistake.  Being in week 2 of the Push Circuit, my muscles were very sore by the end of the week.  The yoga and stretching regimen in last night's session almost completely dissolved all that pain.  I feel absolutely amazing after doing it.  I really do.  Almost all the aches and pains are gone.

I will not skip this again.  Especially if I keep pushing the weights as far as I have.  Many exercises had the weights increased by ten or more pounds this week, and I was sore.  That's all gone now.  Mostly, anyway.

Today is the last CCYO basketball game of the season, and then my parents are picking up the boys for the winter break.  They're going to spend the week up north.

Regards,

Jason

(p.s.:  On the original supposed subject, the Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion from Bath and Body Works is delightful for that, and if you close your eyes and go left-handed, it's almost like you're in an Asian massage parlor or something.  Not that I'd actually know what that's like, but I can imagine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment