Saturday, March 24, 2012

Yeah, I Like to Shoot Waterfalls...

I got out of work last night, and did something right after work.  I don't remember exactly what it was.  Then I got some dinner, did some grocery shopping, and knocked out a run.  Note for the future, don't run so close to dinner.  I felt very heavy and slow.  Heavier and slower than normal.

I took a shower, got dressed quickly, and headed over to Suzy's, a local bar that has live bands playing every weekend.  Last night was Joey Belladonna with Chief Bigway.  Belladonna plays with Anthrax, and with this Chief Bigway band, he sings, plays drums, and juliennes fries.  I've seen them three or four times.  Mike came over after a bit, and his friend Sally-Joe came along a little after that.

After Belladonna there were three bands on the docket.  First was some band with two chick singers.  That sang at the same time.  All the time.  It was impossible to understand either of them.  You could have told me that we were hearing recordings of seal clubbing.  I would have never known the difference.

The band after that I lasted about 20 seconds for.  I like metal.  But this...this...was...uncomfortable.  I think they knew that perhaps they weren't the best musicians, so they would overcome that BY TURNING THE VOLUME UP SO THAT THE ONLY THING YOU COULD DISTINGUISH WAS THE KICK DRUM PLAYING SIXTEENTHS.  Seriously.  I said goodbye to Mike and Sally-Joe, and headed home.

I woke up this morning around 5:30 and had a full day with nothing planned in front of me.  So I decided I would head to Cascadilla Falls and Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca.  I hopped in the car and headed south, getting to Ithaca as the sun was coming up.  I decided to hit Buttermilk Falls first, perhaps saving Cascadilla for another time, once more things are in bloom.

I was the only one there when I arrived.  I threw a coat on, grabbed my Canon 7D, the 28-135 IS, a circular polarizer, and a beat up old tripod.

First, I took a few shots of the falls visible from the entrance.

Those shots sucked.  

Then, I went and checked out the gorge trail.  Except, at the bottom of the trail, the gate was closed.  'Closed due to Winter Conditions'.  Shit.  I decided to hit the Rim Trail (heheh...rim trail...), which was open.

Ok...I've been working out for 3 months now.  Running for 2 weeks, playing basketball...but THAT GODDAMN RIM TRAIL (heh) WAS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL MOTHERF**CKER.  By the time I got to the top of the damn hill, I thought I was going to die.  The first third of the trail is all uphill...sometimes switchback...calf-destroying evil.

AND THERE'S NOTHING TO FREAKING SEE ON THAT TRAIL.  I WALKED ALL THE WAY UP THERE FOR NOTHING.  ARE YOU SHITTING ME?

Severely daunted, I went on ahead anyway.  A little ways up the Rim Trail (giggle), there was a spur that headed down towards the stream, into the gorge.  Kick Ass!  Except...


WHAT THE SHIT?  Maybe...I can climb around...and get off the Rim Trail (heh).


YEAH!!!  F**K DA POLICE!!!

So, anyway, once down to the gorge proper, I was able to take some good pics.  Here they are:





I call this one..."Stairway To Rock Penis" or "Come on, Baby, Just the Tip..."




You didn't think I was going without some lens flare somewhere, did you?

Strange Rock Stacking...Must be Aliens.  From the Rim Trail (heh), probably.



Also...Rim Trail (baaahahahhaa).

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Those pics would look great on cards!!! CARDS!!! I've always wanted to make a card that says, "Sorry to hear your rim trail is closed" or "Happy Gate Humping Day!"

    By the way, how sad (or awesome) is it that we both made the same tip joke today. Wow. Well, time to go watch more Archer! I've only watched Season 2 once.

    ReplyDelete