Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weird...

Yesterday was the Burn Intervals and Ab Burner workouts.  Burn Intervals is 47 minutes long.  It's 2-3 minutes of light weights, then 2 minutes or so of plyometrics.  It's a damn buzzsaw, honestly.  For most of the plyo stuff, by the time I'm nearing the end I sound like a cat in heat.  It's not pretty.

They way it's gone in the past, is that as I'm nearing the spot with 25 minutes left or so, I'm spent.  I struggle through the next couple minutes.  I always have seemed to regain some level of energy, like a second wind.  Here's a graph to help illustrate:


Last night was quite different.  I was able to push harder through all the exercises, doing more reps, harder reps, faster reps.  The plyometrics came much easier to me.  My energy expenditure seemed much smoother, as well.  There was no dropoff at 25 minutes to go.  I was able to keep a pace that had I already established.  Again, a graph to help:

It must mean that the workouts are working.  I can't wait to play some basketball and see if my stamina is improved.  I'm pretty excited about it.

One final thing.  Scales are the de-facto measure of accomplishment in this or really any program similar to this one.  They are cruel masters.  For almost two weeks now, I've waffled between 296 and 298 on the scale, ringing up at 297 yesterday morning.  This morning...291-292.  That's 5-6 pounds in a day.  Don't trust it wholly.  I'm sure I wasn't actually 297 yesterday, or may not actually be 291 today, but I am still steadily losing, and that's the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment