Saturday, March 10, 2012

Not Sure Where I'm Going With This...

So, since the last post I've done Lean Circuit 3 and the Burn It Off and Recharge workouts.  I've talked about the last two before, so let's look at Lean Circuit 3 really quickly.

Lean Circuit 3 is a little more of an all over workout than LC1 or LC2.  It's easily my favorite of the three Lean Circuits.  The one exercise I had the most problems with didn't even include any weights.  She called it the Army Crawl.

You get down in the plank, or push-up position.  From that position, you alternate legs.  You bring each leg up like you're going to crawl with it.  You need to bring it up as high as you can and bring it back, then repeat  on the opposite leg.  Twelve times for each leg.

It sounds pretty straightforward, but by the time I was at 10, I was struggling.  It was VERY intense.  Lean Circuit 3, as a whole, kept my heart rate pretty high throughout, even with the measured slow reps.

So, a week into Lean Circuit 3 and I'm seeing the changes more throughout my body.  I'm getting some real definition in my legs, specifically in my calves.  My quadriceps muscle stands out on my thigh now.  My arms are getting larger, not really much more defined yet, but as the fat decreases, that will stick out more, I think.  Anyway, three weeks left on this program.  Then on to the next after a week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment