Wednesday, March 14, 2012

OK...Maybe I Overdid It a Little

My body is destroyed right now.

I was too sore and tired to finish breakfast this morning.

I have to go poop, but I'm currently worried that straining too hard on it would cause a myocardial infarction right now.

Seriously.

This is how I got here.

Monday night, as I mentioned in this space before, I started my running routine back up.  I felt really good after it, very encouraged.  Monday was normally a rest day, so running was a good fit for it.

Last night was supposed to be Lean Circuit 2, which I think is probably the hardest of the Lean Circuits.  Tons of shoulders.  But, a friend of mine at work has access now to a really nice gym, and asked if I wanted to play some full court basketball last night.

I love basketball.  One of my favorites things in the world to play.  Also, I was very interested to see if physically I was better at playing now.  We played 4 on 4 full-court, with the winning team staying on.  My team won almost every game.  I played much better than I used to, much more active.  It actually took some time for me to adjust my shots in the post, as I was too strong on almost everything.  I guess I have to adjust to not having to shoot around my titties anymore.

But...my outside shot was falling.  I might have had one of the most effective three point shooting nights I've ever had.  Every one I made just amped up my confidence even more.


So I ended up playing for almost 2 straight hours, full court.  I got winded at times, but was able to hang back on defense from time to time to recoup some energy.  By the time I was done, though, I was WRECKED.

I got home around 9:20 and got to working out.  Lean Circuit 2.  It was easily the hardest workout I had done yet.  With the basketball plus the previous day's running, I was spent.  I made it through the workout, although I skipped the ending stretching (I just couldn't do it.  I tried, but kept falling over) and shortened the last exercise, only being able to do 7 reps as opposed to the 10-12 I should have.

I finished up my taxes after that and went to bed.  I was so exhausted, but I didn't sleep well at all.  I was up probably every hour or two.  My plan was to get up at 5:30 and do the next running workout.  There was no way I was going to miss it.

So I finally got up and moving around 5:40 and started my run.  (Note:  It's still a little too cold in the morning for running in shorts and a t-shirt)  I powered through it, although my pace was probably a slight slower than Monday's.  I did the same route that I did Monday.

But I'm paying for it right now.  I'm so sore and tired.  It hurts to move.  At all.  Tonight is Burn Intervals and Ab Burner, and I just don't know how I'm going to get through it, but I will.  It would feel really good to take a day off, but I haven't done that yet, and I don't want to start now.

Although, if I don't blog anything tomorrow, send help.  I'm probably dead on my living room floor laying in a pool of sweat with a pair of dumbbells on my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment