Friday, April 19, 2013

Beyond Blubberdome Week 3: Is Puking How Every Workout is Going To End For Me Now?

So, yeah.  Evidently I'm still recovering from last week's illness or something.  Tuesday's workout only lasted about 2/3 of the way through.  I started getting really lightheaded, and almost dropped one of the powerblocks on my head.  When that happened, I decided to wrap it up for the night.

Last night, about halfway through, I started getting dizzy...seeing stars somewhat.  I tried to push through it, but something was wrong.  I was sweating, which is normal, but I was sweating profusely.  It was exploding off my body.  So I cut it off.  Sat on the back deck for a couple minutes, then ran upstairs to the bathroom and provided some vomit swatches for the walls.  "Regurgitated Tuna Sandwich Grey" is not an attractive color choice for a bathroom paint.  Just fyi.

I don't have any idea what's going on here.  If I have this happening during next week's workouts, I'm probably going to go see my doctor.  This is VERY new to me.  I mean...I've puked from exertion before, especially after runs...but this was different.  My body was just, I don't know, rejecting the exercise?  I was supposed to run this morning, but was actually scared to do it.  I didn't want that feeling to come over me again 2 miles from the house.

Anyway, I did actually lose a pound this week, so there's that.

I wish I had something more interesting to follow up with.  I really don't.  This is stressing me a little.  Put that together with Steph's trials over the last week, and neither one of us is really "winning" at this point.  I will say though, that Steph just plain seems much more energetic since this has started.  It's been noticeable.  So if she quits now, I'm going to make a point out of farting in her car at least once a day.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some good advice for you, but I don't. I kinda count on you guys to know what you're doing and help me when I'm broken. I get dizzy once in a while when I workout but I know it's from all the stand-up/get-down stuff. My head hates it. But it usually goes away. Do you have a lot of that in your workouts?

    I wasn't planning on quitting. If I was the very idea of you farting in my car will keep me doing so. Eep! Ack! Gag! I'm pretty sure your farts hurt the trade-in value of the '98 CRV.

    ReplyDelete