Sunday, April 7, 2013

Running Into Headwind, And Starting Chalean Week 2

I was planning on running Saturday.

Saturday ended up being kinda cold.  I had a rather late night the night before, too (that's a story for another time...a good one...).

Also, my stomach was a little...weird.

So Saturday ended up being quite the lazy day.  Don't like it?  Bite me.

Anyway, I decided to make today different.  I was up bright and early and headed to Montezuma for some bird pics.  Windy...not much to shoot.  Struck out there.  Headed over to Mud Lock...struck out there too.  Headed to Lewis's for my normal Sunday morning breakfast, two slices of French Toast, well done, with a side of meat, sausage today.  I called the Colonel to see if he wanted to enjoy some breakfast, but he was going to church.  I'll never call him again.  He's dead to me.  (just checking to see if you're reading, Jeff)

So, I headed back home, did some digesting/picking up, and went for a run.  Decided to to do a full 5k length.  But...that wind.  Good gravy.  Running against that wind was tiring.  And it seemed, after the initial leg down Genessee Street, that IT WAS ALWAYS IN MY GODDAMN FACE.  ALWAYS.  IN MY FACE.  ALWAYS.

Eff-you, wind.


Did I make that clear?  It was in my face no matter if I was running north, south, east or west.  It took me over 40 minutes to run 5k.  But so what, I did it anyway.

Once home, I had a turkey sandwich with some chocolate milk, and ran out to grab a few groceries that I had forgotten.

That errand complete, I got down to Burn Circuit 1, the first workout of week 2, and it went REALLY well. I might actually start doing this run/workout thing on the same days.  I probably won't.  Or...well...maybe do 5k lengths on the non-workout days, at least 2 a week, and do shorter, faster ones on workout days.  Like a mile, but a fast mile.  Or fartleks.   HAHAHAHA...fartleks.

Anyway, I'll keep this post free of trash-talk.  Steph, the poor dear, has a little boo-boo, so had to take today off.  Poor widdle Stephie.  Stephie and her weak female genes.  You'll never be able to lose weight like a man, Butterball.  It's SCIENCE.  So I feel bad for her, and won't do any trash-talking.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh. It's nice to know you're good for something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice when a friend sees something and thinks of you? Aaaah.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wuo6oOVQyMs/UH-WUM3-51I/AAAAAAAAASs/6uFiZpFc4zg/s1600/3qbti7.jpeg

    ReplyDelete