Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Workout Sheets

So, Chalene (Tits McGee from the workout videos) is constantly harping on keeping track of your workouts via a log.  Well, I did that, and I'm going to show them here and see what we can learn from them.  First, the Burn Phase.


So probably the first thing you'll notice is that these are pictures.  Not scans.  I have a scanner that is part of an old inkjet printer.  THAT DISABLES ALL FUNCTIONS WHEN AN INK TANK IS EMPTY.  BECAUSE, YEAH, I NEED BLUE INK TO HELP SCAN SOMETHING.  Stupid.

Anyway, each phase has one of these overview pages.  Don't ask me why I circled that one on the bottom row.  I have no idea.


So here's the Burn Circuit 1 breakdown.  You'll notice that the first two weeks of each is crossed off.  I was using the resistance bands then, so the information didn't really apply.  You'll also see some notes I made myself.  Like in the push-ups, 'K' means on my knees, and 'R' means regular push-up.  Also, I noted that I was doing one exercise too fast, and that my form was off on another.  Good info.  I must have corrected that afterwards, as I didn't write it again.  You'll see that my weights also didn't really increase, as I only had them for two iterations of this circuit.


Burn Circuit 2.  Also some more notes, mostly about left knee pain.  You can see how it propagated from one exercise to the next.  A good lesson here.  Keep your form in mind.  You'll also see that I only commented on the extreme exercises if I did less than the three.


Burn Circuit 3, in which you'll see my first 'Crank it up, mofo' upwards arrow.  That means that the exercise was too easy for me at that weight, and to make sure I increase it next time.  On to the Push Phase, easily my favorite of the three phases.


Pretty much the same as before.  Nothing exciting here.


Push Circuit 1 had the v-press curls, which were murder on that left arm, as you can see.  Also, plenty of weight increases week to week.  About 10 pounds for each exercise.


Again, lots of weight increases.  No idea what happened on the one Frontal Shoulder Press in week 4.  Looks like I was pretty upset about it if I circled it.


Again, good weight increases and some helpful notes, although I have no idea what 'TJack' means.  Wait, I think that says 'back'.  Must be my back was hurting.  Dumbass.


You can see here in the Lean Phase where I started changing things up a little with the cardio workouts, adding in Runs and Basketball.  An effective and efficient trade off, I think.  I'll put an hour and a half of full court basketball against 45 minutes of cardio any day.


You can kind of see through the Lean Circuits that I was pretty stagnant with the weights.  I definitely did not do the Lean Circuit as well as I should have.


On this one you can see major letdown.  Check out my notes...didn't stretch multiple times after, skipped some extreme due to being tired...but...I did do this workout TWICE after playing basketball.  The same night.


Again, fitting with the theme that the Lean Circuit could have gone better for me.

So there were my workout logs from the first trip through Chalean Extreme.  I'll have these as a base to start from for the next run through, starting in a week and a half.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive stuff man. Goes to show that the only way to be successful with this type of program is to be organized, and be true to yourself. It really helps to motivate you more than you think it might. Just referring back to the previous week, you can push it just that much harder.

    ReplyDelete