Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Burn Circuit 2 Redux

Last night was Burn Circuit 2.  I had mostly forgotten the exercises in this circuit.  They're all very taxing on your shoulders and back.  That means two things.

First, your form needs to be spot on.  Secondly, you're going to be sore.

And I am today.  My back and shoulders are extremely tight and sore.  My back mainly because my form was suspect on many exercises.  The running has made my legs more sore than the first time I went through this program, and I was in turn unconsciously compensating by not attaining a flat back for most of the row exercises.  When you do that, your back suffers.  It was enough that I had to pull back on one of the row exercises, only doing 8 reps.

I am, however, considerably stronger than I was the first time.  The first time through in Burn Circuit 2, there's a group of push-ups that I never was able to do on my toes.  Not a single rep.  This time, I did eight on my toes.  That's a big change, I think.

My flexibility is also much improved.  I can go much lower in many of the lunging type exercises, and in the stretches before and after each workout.

My weight loss has somewhat plateaued recently.  Mainly because I haven't been eating as well as I should have.  Unfortunately, money is going to be tight for the next month or two, and eating healthy is damn expensive.  I'll just have to keep a better eye on intake.

And, solely because I haven't done one in quite some time, here's a drawing:



Me riding a Space Unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment