Friday, April 6, 2012

HDR Experiment

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a fan of most HDR images.  They just tend to look goofy to me.  Now, the way I manipulate my images sometimes brings about an HDR (high dynamic range) effect, but that's not intentional.  It just kind of works out that way.

An HDR image is usually multiple images merged into one.  The images are bracketed at different exposures, and those exposures are put together so that you end up with an image that is supposedly the best overall exposure for the entire scene, preserving all the highlights without having any that are overly blown out.

Last night, with nothing really to do, I was browsing on the facebook, and saw that Mike had put a picture of the moon up.  Mike recently bought a nice ILC camera, and is immersing himself in this disease as well.  I thought, well damn, this is a really clear night...I should get out and give this a try.  I sent Mike a message and asked if he was down for some shooting, and he was in.  I met him at the Wegman's parking lot, and we scoped out some sites to shoot from.  We started on the top of the downtown parking garage, then headed more downtown to finish up.  Here are my shots (Mike hasn't posted any to his blog, dummy):









This one actually isn't HDR, but I like the light trails.

1 comment:

  1. Man that shot looking down the side of Hunters is unreal...4th shot from the bottom.

    ReplyDelete