Thursday, May 24, 2012

More Useless Randomness

I've had some good running times this week.  36:10 on Monday morning for a 5k-equivalent, and 37:00 Wednesday morning.  Wednesday morning I ran in a thick fog, which was very interesting.  It was actually one of my best feeling runs ever, and I was surprised that it wasn't my best time ever, honestly.  Be interesting to see what time I put up tomorrow morning.

Next, eating healthy is obscenely expensive.  Fresh fruits and vegetables are pricey, where I can make a simple pasta and meatballs type dish for less than half the price using processed boxed ingredients.  Especially when I'm cooking for the whole family.  Well, for me and the kids.  Not sure when, if ever, I'll cook for a whole family again.

Sorry...that was a bit of a downer.

I'm also working on picking the next 5k.  Scheduling that is difficult, as I'm really looking for it to be a weekend where I don't have the kids, and lining that up with the 5k's that I've found is not going well.

I also need to get back into the weight training.  I haven't gone back to the Chalean program for fear of that left knee pain.  But I haven't tried too hard to find a replacement for it, either.  Chalean was nice because it really prevented boredom while doing the workouts, which is a pretty large barrier for me.  I might need to just suck it up and move on to another video-based workout, like the P90X deals.

Alright, that's really all I've got.  That and me riding a motorcycle:


No comments:

Post a Comment